Sunday, January 26, 2014

The First Precise Step!

The First Precise Step!

My initial attempt at blogging should provide an overview to those issues that intrigue my interests, go against the grain I've established over the years as an observer, or those concerns that strike the heart and soul of my existence. I should like to provide you a glimpse into the 67 years I've taken to traverse portions of the globe, engage and entice minds, scrutinize personal actions and those of others, and finally pondering the possibilities or results of activities expected or taken.


Through blogging it is my purpose to speak of a time when the broader aspects of society were closed to black people and, in turn, they became innovative and created an environment within the community that supported most of their needs and provided a sense of security and protection for the young and old.  I too shall speak to the current conditions and times where opportunities and resources are abundant with few serious takers and the level of discipline among people is at an all-time low.

It is also critical to understand that the skill of listening (reading) requires an assurance that what is being said (written) is the same as what is being heard (read) and that if thoughts and emotions are revealed, their vulnerability needs to be protected.  Through these experiences, I’ve come to understand the importance of my being during this particular time and although change has occurred from those earlier days, I’ve held close to prior images and experiences to insulate guide and protect my spirit to sustain what is truly me!

Like the movement of a pendulum, our lives peak and plunge in relation to the degree of our integrity, the resolve of our intensions and the openness and sincerity of our hearts. We all need to recognize change and our ability to transition, as inevitable parts of life, whether we are ready for it or not.  One of our biggest issues is preparation for it and as a life-long observer, I’ve paid close attention to my thoughts, words, deeds and acts. I've given great care as well to people and their habits over the years and have seen a great amount of inability in people to recognize and prepare for life-long transitions. Getting to a place where one can achieve by applying scientific applications, assess observations and develop meaningful conclusions to assist your life work is a quest for the future of the young and old.  Why else do we wake up in the morning?  Why do we do each day what we do?  A nonagenarian once said "wake up! dress up!, and show up! as simple answers to these questions. We know that each great journey begins with a single step so let your life’s journey begin with simple yet curious questions for yourself and prepare for an exhilarating experience that lasts a lifetime.  All of life’s answers lie within us.  Prepare to begin!

2 comments:

  1. I like it. Clearly gives a great framework for the thoughts you will share in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your observation. I believe that more than in the past, we need insights and dialogue to coax communication among generations of African Americans. Family breakdowns, community dysfunctioning and abandonment have left too many persons, particularly the young, without access to personal and expressed thoughts to assist them through the passage of youth to adulthood. I hope this blog supports many in the community.

      Delete